Grilled Bacon Wrapped Venison
This is a recipe for Grilled bacon wrapped venison - great for an appetizer or main dish!
Ready in: 4h - Cooking time: 25m - Waiting time: 10m
For 6 people ()
- 2 pound(s) Venison
- 1 gallon(s) Apple Cider
- 1 BBQ Sauce
- 1 Bacon (package)
1. Cut the venison into 2 inch chunks.
2. Place the venison chunks in a dish at least 2 inches deep. Pour Apple Cider over the chunks until they are fully submerged. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Pour the Apple Cider out of the dish and pat the venison dry. Pour your favorite BBQ Sauce generously on the Venison chunks and refrigerate 2 more hours.
4. Remove the venison from the refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling. Wrap each Venison chunk in bacon (my preference is thick bacon for more flavor).
5. Get the grill to medium-high. Place the Venison on the upper rack (if you have one), rotating them frequently. WARNING: The bacon grease will cause flames on your grill, so monitor the grill closely so you don't burn up your Venison.
6. Grill the Venison 20 - 25 minutes. The slower you cook them the better.